Sunday, March 9, 2008

00:17



anticloud & zenkrak | 4.831 mi | 1:39 | Swamp Fox Passage of the Palmetto Trail

We went on a new section of the Swamp Fox Passage today; the part next to the Witherbee Ranger Station. (Poor Eko is passed out beside me as I type this.) The trail followed Witherbee road and we walked progressively further away from the sound of the occasional car. I popped my first squat in the woods after much coffee in the AM. Zenkrak was starting to feel a little sick yesterday and I think the walk helped. We didn't get to go out and do much trail walking this week, but we did go for walks in our neighborhood to make up for it. I was thinking, on the drive back, about how lucky we are to have the Palmetto trail so close to us. One day we plan on making it up north to the Oconee passage where they have a 60-foot waterfall. Believe it or not, I have never seen a waterfall. Today also marks a month since I have started this journal and we've walked over fifty miles in that month. (I've also lost 11 pounds as of today!) So here's to our first month and many more to come! :)

No comments: